We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mobile not recognised by PC.

DANZIG

Likes # 0

For some reason my laptop has stopped 'recognising' my mobile phone when I connect it via USB.

I don't think its anything to do with my unfortunate toilet+phone combination that happened last week, as it has connected properly after that incident.

I can't find the disc that came with the phone anywhere either.....

Vista helpfully tells me that I have the latest drivers for my device, but it still won't work.

What am I doing wrong??

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

reinstalling absolutely everything from scratch should put your mind at rest that the phone isnt the problem. uninstall all drivers for the device along with the mobile associated software you got with your phone. most phone companies should have the latest software and/or drivers to download from their website, so losing your disc shouldnt be a major problem. if there is nothing available try emailing them to send you the software, stating it was lost. if a reinstall of the software doesnt work, or even a system restore to a time it was definately working, and its not a connection/cable problem, then your phone is most likely jiggered! the only other thing i can think of is you may have installed new software, unrelated or not, which may have interfered with your pc being able to recognise it..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback