We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Disaster! - Mobile phone down toilet..!

DANZIG

Likes # 0

You can probably guessed what happened from the title......

It happened yesterday morning. I did what I've read about on the 'net and instantly retrieved it, took the battery, sim card and memory card out and placed it all on some tissue paper in front of the fire.

All day I tried it at various intervals - but no joy. The battery, sim card and memory card all appeared to be OK as they all worked in my older phone, which thankfully, I still had hanging around somewhere.

Last night however, I tried it again and , joy of joys, it worked and it still is now.

My question is this - is it likely to continue working or is this a brief respite from the inevitable?

I would also like to add that the guy in the T-mobile shop that I went to see about it couldn't have been more helpful but the alleged 'insurance' company that 'covered' the phone were rubbish - heres a brief snippet of the conversation we had on the phone...

Her - "So you dropped it in the toilet this morning"

Me - "Yes, about 7 o'clock"

Her - "OK, so what were you doing at the time?"

Me - "Errrr, what do you think I was doing!?"

They had refused to help out by the way as apparently I hadn't taken enough care when using the phone....

Like this post
ravindra106

Likes # 0

The same was happened to me when i was washing my face,my mobile dropped to besin & i thought it is soap.lol "it was totaly rinsed witn fame & water".
The thing is "Even then also i managed to make him survive as you did" .

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

I once dropped a phone into a glass coke, without spilling it.

Phone beside me on chair but when I stood up it slid of the chair straight into glass of coke on the floor.

I didn't notice initially where it went until I seen the coke fizzing up. :(

Totally destroyed the screen.

Oh and the Insurance gave me a brand new replacement.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

^
oh it does..

Like this post
Switcher

Likes # 0

Buteman

"Sometimes it does not pay to be Honest"

You are surely not suggesting that one should defraud an insurance Co.

I would suggest that "It never pays to be dishonest"

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

In case you miss the call from nature???

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Did the same thing myself,placed mobile on sloping cistern,you know the rest.Why do we take them to the toilet banyway?

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

Solved the battery running down really quickly issue as well.

Used the battery from my older phone, which I had thankfully kept for emergency use.

Apparently, according to a mate of mine at work, if a mobile phone battery gets wet this is what happens. Something to do with the way they charge allegedly.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Thought this might amuse you. Wonder if his insurance paid out. click here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[You have not taken all reasonable precautions to prevent the incident] Well it looks as thought that they were admitting that it was an accident.And that is what you are supposed to be insured against.

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

have received a letter today from the 'insurance' people again stating that...

"After careful consideration" (less than 30 seconds) "we've had to decline your f******e claim because: You have not taken all reasonable precautions to prevent the incident"

"Please know that we value you as a customer" etc etc

The words 'salt' and 'wound' spring to mind

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......