We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sony ericsson w880i

stephen1978

Likes # 0

rite guys i need some help plz lol

i bought a sony ericsson w880i from a friend it was a contract mobile i started of using it as a payasyou go but a month ago i put my contract sim in the phone and things were going fine untill vodafone blocked the phone (blacklisted the phone ) the phones unlocked to any network plus it still works as long as you use a pay as you go sim card :( is there any way i can get this phone to work with my contract sim ???

my second problem can i transfer games from m2 memory card to a sd memory card if so how???

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

With the games you will most likely find that they will not work on a different phone as there will be some DRM software on it.

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

As far as the blacklist is concerned, is your contract sim the same as your pay as you go sim?

Like this post
stephen1978

Likes # 0

No what happened is i bought the phone from someone which was a vodafone

then i had it unlocked and used it as a pay as you go on the o2 network

but ive now chaged to virgin contract and it wont work

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

It may be that the person who unlocked it didn't successfully permanently unlock it. The only guaranteed way to safely unlock a phone is with a code from the network that locked it Only the friemd you bought it from will be able to request this, and it may have a cost too.

Like this post
stephen1978

Likes # 0

it only comes up blocked when you put a contract sim into the phone

if you put a pay as you go sim in the phone it still works lol

may i ask is there anywhere on the net i can get unlock codes for a LG KE500 mobile ???

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes