We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Phone off for 2 weeks, no texts received ?

setecio

Likes # 0

Hi

Had my Orange PAYG phone off for 2 weeks while away. I know 2 people definitely sent texts to the phone during this period, but when I switched it back on it did not recieve those texts (none appeared). I sent a text today from another phone to check and it came through ok.

Are texts only kept on the 'text server' of a mobile network for a certain period and then deleted (eg 48 hours ? ).

I'd be surprised if this was true but I'm trying to work out what happened to the missing texts. I would guess other people also sent texts but none have appeared so I've lost those as well. (The phone has been on for 24 hours now.)

Like this post
mymate

Likes # 0

I think its 3 days a text waits to be delivered . If you send a text to someone whos mobile is off after 3 days off not being delivered you get a message on your mobile saying its not been delivered .

Like this post
GRIDD

Likes # 0

mymate that's only if you have delivery reports turned on, will they notify you. Other than that you are correct, SMS only stay on the server for a few days.

Like this post
setecio

Likes # 0

Ah, ok thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more