We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bluetooth/PC marrying together

aine

Likes # 0

I have a Nokia 2630, I have enabled the bluetooth on the phone. I have purchased a Belkin bluetooth adapter, and loaded it on to my PC. My problem is the pc which is running Vista, cannot see the phone. I have searched the pc but cannot find a program for mobile phones or bluetooth.Is there a program that I can download to enable the pc to see the Nokia? I am sure somewhere out there is a genius, who can help or explain to me how to get around this problem. I thought if it was just plugged in all would be well. Many thanks in anticipation for any help forthcoming. Aine

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and I'm afraid that all I can suggest is a visit to the Belkin support site to see if there's an updated driver for your particular USB device.

click here and search for the model you have.

Like this post
aine

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply, my PC now recognises the bluetooth adapter in device mgr. The control panel shows Mobile device heading. When trying to connect the phone it tells me to ensure it is activated, also to connect the adapter. this is all correct, but still the PC cannot find the phone.

Like this post
aine

Likes # 0

Further to my last post, the hardware mgr cannot find the adapter, I have tried the latest driver from belkin and i have contacted them hoping for a reply

Like this post
aine

Likes # 0

The problem has been solved, I loaded the driver for XP, my OS is vista. Everything now works ok, I have told Belkin, but they have not replied. thread now resolved.

Like this post
FatboySlim71

Likes # 0

I have Vista and use a Belkin bluetooth dongle/adapter, sometimes for the PC to see the phone you need to right click on the bluetooth icon on the notification area near the clock at the bottom right of the screen, from the menu shown choose (in your case) RECEIVE A FILE.

I know on the rare occasions when my PC couldn't see my phone the above would fix the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015