We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best moblie for reception - advice please

Ballie

Likes # 0

I am about to be offered a upgrade phone from my service provider (vodafone) and I would like to ask people if some phones have better reception than others.

The reason I ask is because I currently have a samsung U700 and I used to have a samsung Z720V and both of these phones dont get the service reception that my old old nokia 6230 did.

You can be in an area on the farm I work on and have no signal on either samsung then you put the sim in the old nokia 6230 and you get a signal !!!

This makes me think that some phones (even if they are old ones) have a better chance of getting a stronger reception/signal than others.

Can anyone advise me on what phones are known to get good signal strength and is this a known problem with samsung phones?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

almost as many answers to this as there are phones, but for what it's worth my current phone - a Motorola RAZR2 V8 - seems to give me the best signal of any phone I've had so far, and I've had a few, believe me.

The voice quality is just stunning - due, so Motorola tells me, to their 'CrystalTalk' technology.

Frankly, there are so many variables when it comes to signal strengths that it's virtually impossible to be assertive about a particular phone. As far as I'm concerned the Motorola is excellent. It's already travelled around with me quite a bit, and it hasn't let me down yet.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It all depends on what provider has the best signal in your area.If you have an old phone and can open it to any provider.Try different Sim cards to see what gives the best signal,[Orange.o2.Virgin whatever.]Try them all ,but I suppose you have already tried that.Like the Forum editor I only use Nokia phones and most give excellent signals.I have just moved to Virgin after being with orange for about 10 years and the signal is a bit up and down.Never had any problems with Orange but got a good deal from Virgin 300 calls and 300 text messages for £10 a month and I am now regretting the move because of the poor signal. But will have a good look at FE's Motorola RAZR2 V8 High praise indeed so worth a look.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...