We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UPGRADE WM6 ON A TYTN

bgbopper

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm a newb so forgive me for any errors,I'm just learnin'. Slowly.

I have a SIM free TyTN with WM5 & want to upgrade to WM6. It downloads ok on my Vista desktop & my phone syncs ok. its when it begins to install, everything switches off with "Error 260".

Right, now yes I've been on the xda forum where there's fabulous help but despite puttin' in a thread, no-one is replying.

I've done everything other folk have done, ie: safe mode,hard reset etc., but the answer is the same.
What is the "open port" & how can I solve it? Do I have to upgrade anything else before installing the WM6?

My phone is: HERM 200 IPL-1.00 & SPL-2.03.
If anyone can just enlighten me, I would be eternally grateful. Please.

Like this post
Michael_kt

Likes # 0

Hi there is a web site called "click here" this site contains almost all the information that you require to update your Tytn to Rom version 6, plus loads of other information.

Go to the Forums and locate the Tytn.
Take time to digest the information which can seem overwhelming at first. But its quite straight forward.

This site also contains links to HTC Roms plus customised roms which can contain bug fixes in addition to other software that can make using the Tytn a pleasure.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today