We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Orange dolphin contract and RAZRV8 Phone

the old man

Likes # 0

Started an 18month contract and took the Motorola razrv8 after recommendation. Contract started last September. Reported poor battery life to Orange in January and was told that this was a problem that Motorola had acknowledged this problem. Then a small piece of the phone fell off, it is the small piece that covers the usb/battery charger socket. The keypad has now developed a fault where the space does not work properly, when coming out of sending a text it goes into the media section. This is when i am just pressing back. I started to get fed up with the phone and contacted Orange cust. services and discussed the problems with them. They give me a fault number and told me to go to the Orange shop in Chester where i got the phone and took out the contract in the first place. The shop told me that they would not replace the phone and that customer services should not have told me such and the fault number was of no use whatsoever. If I want it sending off to Motorola i would have to pay a fee and i would not have it for between 7 to 14 working days. No chance. Orange told me that I only pay for the service not the phone. I find this hard to understand. They surely are acting as agents for Motorola and provide their equipment with the orange contract. Can someone please advise on what steps I should take. Ideally I would love to be able to change to a totally new phone i.e. new make. If I had identified the problems within 28 days then Orange would have done something about it for me. As it is they won't do a thing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...