We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will any bluetooth headset do?

numskull

Likes # 0

I have ordered a new phone, O2 cocoon. Is any bluetooth headset compatible with it? I have looked on some shopping websites and the headsets seem to be compatible with most other phones.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

In a nutshell, any reputable bluetooth headset should be compatible.

There are some really cheap and nasty headsets available; and the instruction books that come with them can be pretty dire. Also, look for something that will be light and, importantly, be comfortable in the ear. One that has a selection of nice soft interchangeable earpieces may be a little more expensive - but worth it.

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

There is such a difference in price! Any recommendations? I only want it for hands free in the car and shall not use it much.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

If you want people to be able to hear you while your doing 70 Mph on a Motorway, then I suggest you go for a Jawbone Headset.

click here

click here

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

You can also get bluetooth hands free devices that don't go on your year but attach themselvs to your sun visor. Some of these are very good indeed, Vizorblades are very good with good clarity....

Like this post
Acx

Likes # 0

I just walked into a O2 shop (on the high street) and asked to look at their bluetooth headsets.

I asked if it would work with my phone and it does, state that you are worried about it working with your phone, then its their responsibility to provide one that does.

It cost about £15 two years ago (it has an o2 brand), it works and Im happy with it.

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking about getting a Plantronics 520. The jawbones seem a bit pricey.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone