We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with Orange internet dongle .

wmoore

Likes # 0

My wife has an orange internet dongle for Laptop
while she is away from home. The problem is that it keeps disconnecting at random times. So she has to keep reconnecting all the time. She is running Vista home basic.

Like this post
merciarich

Likes # 0

I am running the 3 internet dongle and I am told that the performance is not guaranteed on Vista, presumably because it is still a relatively new operating system.

Like this post
Forum Member2

Likes # 0

what does your wife use it for

Like this post
wmoore

Likes # 0

She uses it to check emails mainly.

Like this post
joey37

Likes # 0

after random periods of time my orange donlge manages to crash both my laptop and tower i have taken delivery of another dongle but problem persists just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

Like this post
P1d

Likes # 0

Check the settings of the dongle to see if it is set to switch automatically between 3g/gprs whichever signal is stronger.

There used to be an issue where when 3g connectivity was lost and it switched to gprs your internet connection was dropped.

This can be minimised by setting it to not auto switch and creating new profiles one for 3g only and one for gprs only.

Hope this helps.

P1d

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites