We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Mobile 6 Ant-Virus

Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have recently got a smartphone (HTC Touch Dual) running Windows Mobile 6.

Since I download e-mails and attachments I wonder if I ought to have an anti-virus program and if so which one is recommended.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Been running various incarnations of Windows Mobile for years. Never had a virus and it seems that virus scanners for PDA's take up a lot of processing power.

However there could be a first time.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ßeta
It's the first time that I am worried about.

Like this post
Acx

Likes # 0

I did look at anti-virus when I first got a Smartphone but decided against it as I don't download much and read e-mails on the server, plus I could see it slowing everything down and out-waying the benefits.

F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus Home Page
click here

Downloads click here

Interestingly AVG are producing a Mobile Version, in beta stage for Symbian OS, but they may come out with a Windows version in the future.

You can have a read here click here

Only other thing I looked at was click here but I must admit I have not tried it and not do I know if its compatible with your Mobile.

Like this post
Acx

Likes # 0

Sorry that last line was meant to read:-

and I do not know if it is compatible with your Mobile.

Why cant we have an edit button on this forum.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Acx
Thank you.
I think that your last link is out of date as BitDefender have this version click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days