We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How many contacts can a sim card hold?

setecio

Likes # 0

How many contacts (name & number only) can a sim card hold?

Does it vary from sim to sim ?

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

usually 200 depending on the sim, some have more memory than others. some older ones were only able to save 50 and 8 text messages, so it all depends how old the sim card is and in some cases whether pay as you go or contract as I know that orange used to have different memories on payg to that on contract sims

Like this post
setecio

Likes # 0

Are there any good sim card readers that can backup to a PC .... I've searched but don't find many out there and some comments like 'doesn't work'.

Like this post
jfmfit2003

Likes # 0

I have an old Nokia 6510, and it has 500 (name and number only) spaces.

As far as I know a SIM can still hold 500 names even on new mobiles. There theres much more 'Danamic' memory in newer mobiles. I think they should make SIMS that can take names, address' and numbers. You would be able to transfer them easily, especially now you can get landlines which are SIM capable. It just simplifies things.
jfmfit

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer