We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung G600

BryanR

Likes # 0

I've just bought one of these and signed up to a monthly contract with Virgin mobile. Haven't actually seen the phone, but was attracted by the 5megapixel camera and online reviews that I've read.

Does anyone here have one of these models? Have i invested wisely?

This latest purchase and contract means i now get my mobile, broadband, cable tv and home phone all from Virgin (and they're likely to be my mortgage lender shortly if Branson gets his hands on Northern Rock). Should i be worried? :)
BryanR

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but my son - who I asked - says he's about to get one, so he'll also be interested in any response here.

Like this post
BryanR

Likes # 0

FE you can let your son know that I'm very impressed so far. Very intuitive interface, slim (it's a design icon, apparently), and images from the camera are excellent.

The phone came with a free 1GB MicroSD memory card, free bluetooth headset and I can also choose between either a free iPod Nano, PSP or £100 free credit from Virgin Mobile. Only minor concern is that my fat stubby fingers sometimes struggle when sending text messages. :)

Bryan

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

A belated thanks for your feedback - I'll pass your comments on.

Like this post
bighurst

Likes # 0

Does look very smart indeed,have to add it to the wishlist

Like this post
BryanR

Likes # 0

I've never been too interested in mobiles - providing it allows you to make calls and send texts, that's enough for me. However, I'm most impressed with this - I've even dropped it a few times (on hard floors!) and it works/looks as well as when I first bought it.

Like this post
Nobby1011

Likes # 0

I love this phone, but how do you get a photo to set as a caller image? Every time I try I get a message that says 'empty entry'. Can anyone advise please? What am I doing wrong

Like this post
Nobby1011

Likes # 0

I will try when I get a moment - will let you know. Thnks Again

Like this post
adgta

Likes # 0

The samsung ringtones are horrible, my girlfriend bluetoothed the 24 ringtone mp3 from her samsung so i could use it. It will play on my g600 but when I try and set it as a ringtone it says "not supported content". Surely if the phone plays an mp3 fine it should be able to be used as a ringtone, does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Like this post
lisa02

Likes # 0

adgta

Is it stored on a memory card or phone memory?

It needs to be in phone memory to be used as a ringtone.

PS. start your own threads from now on please!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers