We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ozfreeonline.fonics.net/wirelessmedia

haricot

Likes # 0

Hito all

Has anyone had any problems with this site.I have recently bought a ringtone frome them and they gave me a URL and a PIN to upload using my Mobile
Phone(not functionable with a computer) and it just will not work.I get messages appearing telling me that I am not using a Mobile Device and then even when I try and get on to their Help Site ( which they also give and achieved via your Mobile) I get "Page not found".
My Mobile Web conection is sound and verifified by Vodafone so I reckon it is bit of a CON. I have been back to them BY E MAIL and they make all kinds of excuses saying it can't be them and they can't see where thay have failed and other nonsense but I still have not got my Ringtone
Has anyone else been similarly affected.

Cheers

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Nice to see you about (Again), How are the CD's Coming along.

Try this link, click here

This works.

Like this post
haricot

Likes # 0

Hi David, How nice to hear from you.

The CD's are great . I did about 30 in the end and quite a task it was especially when it came to splitting all the tracks. But I did it thanks to you and one or two of the others.

That link you gave me is the outfit that I am up in arms about. I have always wanted the French National Anthem for a Ringtone (don't ask why, it's a fad thing) anyway they had one that sounded reasonable. Not perfect but passable so I purchased it.
They gave me a pin no and a URL to get to WITH MY MOBILE (it is not contactable by computer).
The insts were:- Type in the URL followed by pin and my mobile no. I did all that about 10 times and all I got was messages saying " I was'nt using a mobile to make contact etc.etc"
They give a support line as well but when I input that it came back "page not found" . I can only construe that it is a CON !
I was asking fellow PC'ers if they have been simarlarly caught !

You've given yourself a wide brief hav'nt you, reading the Mobile Pages as well as Computer Problem ones? Good job though.You are an Ace at this lark.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

What is the Make & Model of your Mobile Phone.

Like this post
haricot

Likes # 0

Hi David

Tis a new one, had it for Christmas. Nokia 6300.

By the way I double checked with Vodafone to make sure that my Web connection was sound and they said yes .

cheers

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

I have got "La Marseillaise.mp3" Ringtone & "frenchanthem.mid" Ringtone.

Can I Email them to you.

I am still looking for a TryTone Ringtone For you.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Typo TryTone = TruTone.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Back in a bit, Just gone for Dinner.

Like this post
haricot

Likes # 0

David crikey! how did you do that ?

Dont think I am being picky but are they poly?

And how do I give you my E Mail add: without going live on these pages. Is that alright to do ?

sorry I don't understand your 2nd reply?

Like this post
haricot

Likes # 0

We crossed each other with our messages.
Also I think the penny just dropped re E Mailing!

Can't I give you my E Mail address by clicking on that little envelope or something . I have'nt done it before so am not familiar with the procedure.

Hope you enjoyed your meal. I too am just off for mine . C U in about 15 to 30 mins then.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Yes, Click on my Yellow Envelope.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone