We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mobile phone scam

smoking44

Likes # 0

I have been recieving unwanted premium rate texts
to which I have not subscribed to.

I have spoken to and emailed the company involved with no responsile action being taken. It seems this company has been fined 3 times in 2007 with still 1 more complaint outstanding.
These are my calls and email to said company

Tanlamobile through get-tone club has been sending me premium rate texts for services not subscribed to

29th oct 11.11am 3 texts recieved 78181
30th nov 13.11pm 6 texts recieved (yes 6 at the same time) from 82600
04dec STOP was sent to 82600

more sms started to com through AGAIN
30th dec 08.42am 4 texts recieved from 82600
30th dec STOP sent to 82600

1st jan 16.27pm 1 text recieved from 82600 (AFTER STOP WAS SENT)

This matter has been reported to phonepayplus (not that it will do much)run by the networks.

Have also phoned your helpline 0871 240 0608 (suprise no help there) seems I have no chance of my money being returned.

My network operater 3 has been a total non started, even said the 6 texts recieved at 1 go must have been a long message.There is no record of me subscribing to these services in my bill details.

Do not know what else to do as it seems I have to pay regardless. The networks recieve about 35% of these fees so can only assume that they must make millions every year. I still have quite a while to go on my contract so unless I can prove that they are in breech the I am stuck with them.

Funny thing is that my number is known to select people only so my network must be selling lists to these companies.

What else can I do?

Like this post
mymate

Likes # 0

Like this post
mymate

Likes # 0

Put 82600 in the box at the top of the window and it tells you who they are.
Read this click here

If you call the 0870 number to complain,try to find a cheaper number to call from here click here
Write down all the texts you have received and how much and the calls and times you have made .
Good luck.

Like this post
mymate

Likes # 0

Looks like you have to text STOP ALL to all the scam numbers you have received !

Like this post
mymate

Likes # 0

This web site looks like you will find help.

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...