We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Q40 - HSDPA Disabled in UK

En_croute

Likes # 0

I read Rosemary Haworth's review on the Q40, and along with many other UK reviws, she extolled the HSDPA functionality (click here).

I bought a Q40, ansd have now found out that due to certain, as yet undefined, licencing issues, the HSDPA functionality is not available on UK models of the Samsung Q40.

You'd be hard pressed to find this from Samsung's website, sales literature, or numerous apparant UK reviews.

Samsung Customer Services are investigating, and the retailer has offered a full refund return if I want to return the unit.

Hopefully it's a soft/firmware resolvable issue, but beware of review models.......

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and thank you for the heads up - I'm sure Rosemary will be interested, and I'll pass the information on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks