We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Mobile 6 internet password change

bemuzed

Likes # 0

I got a HTC 4550 TyTn2 and I set it up to get internet access over BTopenzone. The first time In used it I entered my username and password. Subsequently, I just select BTOpenzone from the list of wireless networks and I get logged in automatically. That is convenient but when my username and password changes for openzone the instruction booklet says I have to do a hard reset of the HTC. Is there another way of stopping me automatically logging in and so changing my username and password?

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

That.s a bit drastic just to change the password.. Did you get a conclusion to this conundrum.

Like this post
bemuzed

Likes # 0

Well that's what teh booklet says and I had to do it. Afterwards I encountered teh same problem and cleared the browser cache and that seemed to solve the problem, as long as I keep clearing it before logging on. am not sure of that is a complete cure as BTopnezone like other wireless ISPs have a range of hotpsots so I cannot be ceratin this works will all hotspots, but so far so good. There is another problem I am just about to post.

Like this post
bemuzed

Likes # 0

Well that's what teh booklet says and I had to do it. Afterwards I encountered teh same problem and cleared the browser cache and that seemed to solve the problem, as long as I keep clearing it before logging on. am not sure of that is a complete cure as BTopnezone like other wireless ISPs have a range of hotpsots so I cannot be ceratin this works will all hotspots, but so far so good. There is another problem I am just about to post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...