We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nokia/02 security codes

Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

I have two Nokia phones...

A 6021 for work and
Avery battered, old but faithful 6310 that kicks around for personal use.

Both have O2 contract SIM cards in them.

Both have call duration/counter facilities in them - not that I care that much about them.

One evening, with nothing better to do, I tried clearing these counters - with no success. They asked for a security code. Now, I have never set a code for these; but checking through the SIM card info and user guide for the 6310, I can't find what the default code is for this second tier security.

Is there one? Does anyone know it, please?

Like this post
@k@n!c

Likes # 0

when i cleared my phone it asked fora code i used the default code which is 0000 unless you change it..hope it helps kind regards akanic

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Tried the code...

Didn't work :-((

It looks as though there could be a code of up to 10 digits! Gulp. I know I didn't set one for my personal phone At least I'm pretty sure I didn't. The SIM card for my 'business' phone came after another user had used it and as the phone came with no other security features set, I assume that the unlock code hadn't been set there.

Like this post
@k@n!c

Likes # 0

are you sure its just to clear counters?
the only codes i know that long is a puk code or simular have a look here click here
should sort you out :) kind regards akanic

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Sorry for the delay. The Chardonnay and dinner called.

Yup, I do mean just the counters. I needed the PUK once when a certain member of the family tried too many codes on the basic security code that I used and locked the phone out. And then again when I lost the phone, thought it had been stolen, reported it to O2, found the phone and needed to re-enable it.

Looks like I shall just have to put up with it; but I was just curious.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

should be 12345.

Try it.

Like this post
@k@n!c

Likes # 0

quite right f.e must of been thinking of something else for the code .. regards akanic

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Just managed to catch up.

It worked!

Many thanks.

CtA

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement