We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why do people pay a fortune

cream.

Likes # 0

for a mobile phone.

All you want is to do is make the call or maybe a the odd text.

Mine cost £19.99 from asda and does the job.

Do you need more than that in a mobile?

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

To be honest I like to have the latest mobile and upgrade every year to the best one available but i have to say. A phone isnt a replacment to either a digital camera or an MP3 player in my opinion. Its nice to have the ablity to do it but everywhere i go my ipod comes with me and if I know il be taken pics I bring my digital camera....... so it kinda defeats the purpose of having one. Only my opinion of course. the quality simply isnt there in phones with cameras or MP3's. Doesnt stop me getten the latest one thou. :S

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

I have a 3megapix camera with zeiss lens in my camera, takes reasonable photos and is ideal for the unexpected shot. I have a gb card, holds enough music. The music is very good,especially considering the envirnment its used in. The newer cameras like the viewty have 5 megapix cameras, but a lot depends on the lens. Very happy to carry mine around as I now have photos/videos I would never have had.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

I agree that they are good for the unexpected but say you were going to a wedding, i doubt if you wouldnt take ur digital camera and just stick with your phone?

Like this post
kas227

Likes # 0

Where do I fit in? I would be first in the queue for the new iphone 1.1.3 or similar if I could afford it . . . but I'm in my 50s.

Like this post
bluto1

Likes # 0

Any of you trendy "old" guys remember back in schooldays in the 40's the mobile phones we made with a pair of empty pea or bean tins, a hole in the bottom of each tin and a length of string stretched tight between them. They worked too and the only upgrade was a pair of bigger tins and maybe a length of parachute cord.
Odd what the memory does. :-))

Like this post
DANZIG

Likes # 0

Its defintely an age thing. The old dears where I work (a bingo hall) all have mobile phones and they are all the type I used to have years ago. You know the ones - you can only talk and text on them (no camera imagine that!?!?). I got my last phone a year or so ago and, maybe because I myself am getting long in the tooth, have no intention of getting a newer model unless it breaks.

Or unless one comes out that makes a lovely cup of tea..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert