We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPhone launch flops in UK

dms05

Likes # 0

How come the BBC were so taken in that they ran PR messages masquerading as hard news on main TV bulletins?

No one turned up for the 'event'. click here

Like this post
silverous

Likes # 0

I think it also allows you to "visually" fast forward and rewind through voicemail messages:

click here

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Ok,now who in this forum is admitting to be daft enough to buying one?Hands up please.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That's not the way to behave in the forum - many people will buy an iPhone, and have many reasons for doing so, there's nothing 'daft' about owning one at all.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

running at the moment. That should boost the November/December sales figures - the iPhone looks good on the screen.

Like this post
silverous

Likes # 0

They do look very good, and in the flesh too. I can think of lots of reasons for owning one - let's not forget mobile phones are effectively fashion statements for a lot of people and the iPhone certainly has a "wow, what's that you've got" factor.

Like this post
lisa02

Likes # 0

I was in the local shopping mall when this launched. Carphone closed for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to launch it. Outside there was a queue of exactly 3 people!

At the same time the mall was packed for the arrival of Santa and the Phones4u about 15 Metres away was packed full of customers.

Like this post
lisa02

Likes # 0

I was not one of those queuing for the iphone. I'll admit I was one of the parents queuing for Santa!

Like this post
laurie53

Likes # 0

I remember those days, without too much affection.

A grotto that should read "grotty", a Santa who's mouthwash should be done for false pretences, and a rip off price for a bit of tacky plastic.

Have thing improved any?

Like this post
lisa02

Likes # 0

rip off price for a bit of tacky plastic?

are you talking about the iphone? lol

Like this post
silverous

Likes # 0

Harsh :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks