We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Emails to mobile phones.

WtheM

Likes # 0

Hi, is it possible to compose an email on my pc and then forward it to a mobile of my choosing.
Just trying to reduce the cost of my mobile bill.......

Cheers.

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

I think you might like this one ..

click here

Like this post
WtheM

Likes # 0

I've been using Dynmark for some time, which I would recommend, but their texts used to cost as little as 5p. Unless you buy a massive amount, you're looking at around the 7p mark, now. Definately easier than messing about with a phone keypad, though!

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

If you have PC Software for your mobile, texting by PC to phone is dead easy.

I have a Nokia and use Nokia PC Suite to write and send texts - as you say, it beats having to operate fiddly phone-pads.

Like this post
WtheM

Likes # 0

I can recommend that Dynmark if you ever fancy it. You may get a few free 'uns if you sign up?
However, my original post.....is it not possible to email direct to a mobile? Or possible but not allowed.......!

Like this post
DieSse

Likes # 0

"my original post.....is it not possible to email direct to a mobile"

You can only send an email direct to an email account - the question you need answering is "how do I collect/read emails on my mobile phone.

The answer is - it depends if your phone service and phone have this facility - of the facility to log on to the web from your phone and read the emails on webmail.

So look in your phone handbook as to how and if you can set up an email service on your phone.

I'm pretty sure it'll cost you more than SMS.

Like this post
WtheM

Likes # 0

DieSse.....that's what I mean. So it's free to send but costs to receive? B*gg*r.

Thanks for all replies.

Like this post
DieSse

Likes # 0

Lots of things you can do from your phone at low cost or free here click here

Their email to me includes the phrase "Never pay for text messaging again with Gizmo5" so it might be worth checking out.

Like this post
Technotiger

Likes # 0

It is possible and allowed -

click here

as long as the phone has email capabilities.

Not something I would do myself - text messages via pc to phone is my way.

Like this post
WtheM

Likes # 0

Technotiger, would you be prepared to say which pc to phone service you use, please?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Dell adds Intel processor to new Wyse thin client

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...