We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cool new mobile

zincy

Likes # 0

hello there

I was just wondering if anybody heard of this website before called coolnew mobile fones?

the prices seem too good to be true?

click here

Like this post
Arthur Scrimshaw

Likes # 0

Like this post
zincy

Likes # 0

thank you for the heads up!

Like this post
evofirst

Likes # 0

Hi Zincy

I just noticed your question on cool new mobile and would like to advise you against using this company. I and many other customers have been burnt by Cool New Mobile aka Mobile Affiliates who offered cashback contract deals and do not honour them.

Check out these reviews on them too:
click here

and there are many others out there telling the same story.

DO NOT USE COOL NEW MOBILE aka MOBILE AFFILIATES

They are Rogue Trader!

I have a contract with them and they confirmed they are sending me the cheque(26 Sep) and when I chased them in October, they send me a letter claiming my cashback is now invalid.

I am taking them to court and so are others who were burnt by them.

PC Advisor should not allowed link to this Rogue Trader from reaping us off!

D

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

taking up an attractive offer via a website should always check the terms and conditions attaching to the offer extremely carefully. In this case the terms and conditions relating to the phone offers are extraordinarily complex and long-winded, and contain various caveats - invalidation of cashback offers being one of them.

We can do without allegations of the company being a "Rogue Trader" until and unless this is substantiated by a reliable source. I can see nothing overtly illegal in the terms and conditions, but I'm no lawyer.

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

Try e2save or mobile raibow, the deals on there are far better.

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

click here

Check out this one, its completely free, with a free contract (READ T&C'S! IT IS FREE PROVIDED YOU SEND YOUR BILLS OFF IN TIME!)

I bought a similar phone from there, and so far it has cost me nothing thanks to the cashback.

Like this post
vv01

Likes # 0

haha, so much good phones, which make me a surprise. comparing to urs, mine is also good! ur opinions?
click here

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

With the FE on this one, not inherently bad but you do get what you pay for.

Stick with a provider you know!

Like this post
Dizzy2220

Likes # 0

Hi just like to inform anyone that Cool new mobiles have gone into administration and no cashback deals will be honoured. Also the networks will just say hard luck keep paying us or we will take you to court

Like this post
csstu

Likes # 0

Hello

I came across the Cool New Mobile website that is now being run by the administrators. You can find out lots of information on this and how to register a complaint/claim.

click here

Hope this helps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......