We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best tv service ?

Jakeyatkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

What is the best tv service provider ie sky, virgin, bt, freeview and freesat or any other one you can think of ?

• Tags:
  • tv
Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

So far as I am aware, Sky show everything the others show.

I'm not sure that the converse is true.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Too many variables!

It depends where you live, whether you can get a decent broadband speed, if you can recieve freesat or freeview.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

I'm with virgin,good all round service and broadband outstanding,remember it not matters a jot who supplies your broadband it all come down the same old telephone line and there lies your problem. Virgin well i'm 40 mters from the cabinet hence great speeds,20Mbts soon to go upto 60Mbts at no extra cost.The tv picture i get is brilliant as well full HD,the phone is a tad pricey but overall o.k. I also have my mobile with them £10.24 for 500 mins 01/02/03 numbers and 3000 texts/virgin to virgin mobile minutes.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"good all round service"

That's the problem - it isn't.

It's only available in specially selected, lucrative, areas.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Are you asking which is best for you, or more generally? If the former, then it is necessary to know which options are available to you, whether you are prepared to pay on an ongoing basis and do you wish to have access to sports coverage.

In general,I would say the Virgin is probably best in the sense that it provides access to most channels with high picture quality and is independent of weather interfernce.

Like this post
Jakeyatkin

Likes # 0

At the moment I have free view and it lacks In variety, I looked into virgin and I can't get it my area. What I really want is to watch all the HBO shows and other dramas of similar standard whilst paying as little as possible

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"What I really want is to watch all the HBO shows and other dramas of similar standard whilst paying as little as possible"

Don't we all!

You've really not got much alternative to Sky.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded