We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how can I remove books from Kindle?

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have the Kindle keyboard model, and over time have downloaded a number of books which I have no wish to re-read or even keep! There is an option to "Remove from device" - which doesn't - but only puts the books into the "Archive" section. How can I get these unwanted books off my Kindle completely and for good?

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

To delete books from your account (permanent delete) - 1) Go to any Kindle Store page at Amazon. 2) Choose Manage My Kindle from the links at the top - right below the search bar. 3) Log-in to access that page. 4) On that page scroll down to a list of purchased books at the bottom. 5) Find the book you want and press the + icon next to it. A number of options show up including a delete button. 6) Press delete if you are sure you want to PERMANENTLY delete this book and NEVER read it again.

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks cycoze! Now done the job! I appreciate your help!

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Yimbo

I was about to go to the manual to see how to delete, because no apparent option on the Kindle and saw your thread.

So if I may ask cycoze a question:

Surely deleting from your account doesn't remove the book from the Kindle itself or does it if the Kindle is connected?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Think I have found the my answer from the manual, but not tried it yet.

"If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button. 2. In the list of the content already on your device, move the 5-way to underline the item you want to remove. 3. Move the 5-way to the left to remove the item."

Apologies for hijack Yimbo

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded