We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Re chip Tokina Lense.

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just dug out my old Canon 35mm EOS with a Tokina lens AT-X 24-200. I didn't expect it to work but gave it a whirl on the EOS 40D and it puts up Error 1. After much searching I cant find where I could send it for a Re-chip if its worth the bother and expense or even if it can be done.

I had no problem with Sigma lenses. I believe it would increase to 38x320. X-1.6

Anyone done a Re-chip on a Tokina Lense.

Like this post
JoeC

Likes # 0

Have you tried contacting them? Someone on another forum had the same problem and was advised it could be done but(nearly two years ago) it cost 75 US Dolllars.

link text

Like this post
siouxah1

Likes # 0

Ex plorer.

I believe that Kenro import and deal with Tokina lens. You might give them a try.

(Lucky me. I have a Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro that would not work on my Nikon. They are re chipping it for the cost of the shipping £5. Away at the moment.)

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi siouxah1 that's abut £46 of today's money. All my other 35mm lens were Sigma and like you were £5 to re-chip.

The Tokina was just over £300 and a re-chip is a 7th of its price maybe that's a fixed price for all Tokina.

Where sigma was £5 for a lenses I had, and paid from £300 to over £700 is a bargain.

Maybe should stick to own brand or Sigma in case Digital goes out of fashion to what ever comes next.

siouxah1 Thanks for Link text

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I have been in touch with Tokina and was told that the AT-X 24 X 200 cant be upgraded to Digital.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings