We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HD-Ready TV - what else do I need please?

AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Evening Chaps,

My TV is a Samsung 37" HD-Ready with integrated Freeview. What do I need additionally to enable me to watch HD broadcasts please? If I bought a Freevied HD box, would that be enough?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

The difference between SD freeview and HD freesat on my 37" Panasonic LCD is stunning

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Two weeks ago I bought a new Panasonic plasma 42" TV, with inbuilt Freeview HD and Freestat HD tuners.

The picture quality is really outstanding on ordinary freeview. To be honest there is not an enormous difference when viewing the same transmission on Freeview HD. Yes, it is perceptible, but you have to look quite closely to notice it. I have not tried Freestat, so cannot comment about that, but I guess its similar to Freeview HD.

Perhaps the experience of others is different.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

You could get Freesat.click here

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

many thanks. Just checked (should have checked first!!) and we can't get Freeview HD in my area until 2011.... Oh well, when it's time to get one, I'll know what to do!!

Ange
x

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Yes for the channels that are broadcast in HD on freeview

click here

A blueray DVD player will allow you to play and see HD movies on your TV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features