We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows not recognizing external USB 2.0 rewriter

SebBux

Likes # 0

Hello

I have connected a Samsung SE-208DB External USB 2.0 rewriter to my MSI U130 Notebook. This is a external rewriter that you plug in and it's ready to go strait away,.

First time i connected drive to notebook the drive icon showed in My Computer and started to read the system restore disc i had in it, but the little blue circle appeared, so i turned the notebook off/on.

Since using the off/on method i don't get the drive icon showing in My Computer. The drive still makes the noises like it's trying to install disc and the light flashes on rewriter.

It seems Windows 7 is not recognizing the external dvd drive

Can someone please advise how to fix problem?

Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Can you see it in device manager? If so then right click and select uninstall. Still in device manager click on Action at the top. You might have to click twice so that you get the option to " Scan for hardware changes ". Try the scan.

Like this post
SebBux

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply rdave13.

I have carried out your information, no luck.

Basically, nothing at all shows that the drive is connected when pluged into notebook. As stated already. I have a system restore disc in the drive and it make the noise like it's trying to load when connected to notebook.

Thanks

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Can you try the drive in a different PC/notebook?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer