We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kobo e-reader won`t transfer public library books

Mack1

Likes # 0

I have purchased (at great expense) a KOBO GLO e-reader for the express purpose of downloading e-books from our public library which will be free in a few days time. Although buying books from the Kobo site is no problem I can download public library books to my computer but try as I might no success with transferring the titles to the e-reader.I have downloaded and installed Adobe Digital Editions. I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me either what I am doing wrong or not doing at all.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Same applies to Kindle. Public Library books aren't available to download onto Kindle. My wife uses Adobe Digital Editions on her Laptop for library books.

Almost certainly a rights issue with both Kobo and Kindle titles.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You should be able to do this, according to articles I have read. Are you following these instructions?

Like this post
davidr4983

Likes # 0

Download the free program calibre. It works great. After you have downloaded a library book to Adobe Digital Editions, you can use Calibre to download directly to your Kobo.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features