We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

usb keyboard and mouse unresponsive

Mmbheff

Likes # 0

I have a Dell Dimension 9150. usb mouse and keyboard not working so can't get into F2 or F12 etc. Screen starts and gets to log in but as neither keyboard or mouse work can't log in. Have tried to rebot from recovery disc but nothing happens????

the keyboard and mouse work ok in another machine

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If the machine will take it try a PS2 mouse and keyboard.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Check BIOS is set to USB enabled

Like this post
Mmbheff

Likes # 0

Thanks usb were working ok at weekend, I will try to borrow a ps2 keyboard and mouse and see what happens

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

I've had a similar problem with a microsoft keyboard,just unpluged the key board usb plug and put it back,it cured the problem,and except for a bad connection i have no idea why, and neither has my son and he's head honcho for a major comanies it department.

Like this post
Mmbheff

Likes # 0

borrowed different mouse but still no luck. There is nowhere for PS2 to plug into so am at a loss. can't try to resolve issue on machine (I'm using laptop for this) as can't use either mouse or keyboard - any other suggestions?????

I've also tried putting back up CD into drive but nothing happens???

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you tried ALL the different usb ports? front and back?

You are trying them (mouse and keyboard) by booting up with them already plugged into a different usb port - aren't you?

Like this post
Mmbheff

Likes # 0

thanks

have tried all of the suggestions but no luck, not sure where to go from here????

can't get into F2 or F12 etc as no way of communicating with screen

any other suggestions?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you got room for one of these, Click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features