We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

3rd generation Intel Core i3-3110M vs AMD E1-1200

cdy

Likes # 0

Hello all, can anybody please advise if there is likely to be a significant difference in performance between these two processors?

Many thanks!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Yes there's a big difference. That AMD processor is really old. If you have it in a computer, it would be quite slow. The i3 third generation is equivalent to an i5 processor so a pretty decent chip.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I agree. (The third generation i3 might be equivalent to a first generation i5 but no basis of fact from me ;0)

There are a lot of "so called" bargains out there at the moment but in truth there are a lot of old processors thrown in and laptops that are at least a year old but with Win8 on board.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Can't understand why you would want to compare these two. NO where near a like for like comparision.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

so what would be a like for like comparison

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer