We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

1st time build advice, are these components all compatible?

Tom11890

Likes # 0

Hi everyone

I been looking into building my first PC recently and basically i'm just looking for advice. This is what I've come up with as far as what components I would like to use:

Processor: Intel i5-3570k - 3.4GHz Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Nvidia Graphics Card Solid State Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB SATA III 6 Gbps Internal 3.5 inch Hard Drive Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - RC-430-KWN1 Power Supply: Corsair TX650V2 650W PSU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO DVD Burner: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive Card Reader: Icy Box IB-865 3.5 inch Multicard Reader OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I don't have any previous experience with building computers, so I would just like to clarify the following things:

1. Are all these components compatible with each other?
  2. Is a 750W Psu sufficient?
  3. Am I missing anything?

Also if you have any suggestions for different components I should use, they would be greatly appreciated, however I don't really want to spend any more money then I already am on it. I will be using the PC mainly for Casual Gaming and using AutoCAD, but might do a bit of video editing in the future too.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Dont see any great problems with compatibility . PSU should be fine , I run an overclocked i7 3770k ( 4.5Ghz ) and a GTX 680sc on the same PSU with no problems . as to missing anything , sound card ? And as a rough guide I would spend the same on a monitor as I spend on a graphics card

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer