We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help me choose parts for gaming pc !

pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

I have someone who said they can put together a pc for me I just need to get the parts but the thing is I have no idea what to buy ! This is where hopefully you guys come in, could someone please make me a list for a fairly decent gaming pc that would have to work with this resolution 1360x768 and my price limit is £550 ! If anyone could help than that would be great thanks !

Cheers

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Do I take it you already have monitor? What about other "peripherals" eg keyboard, mouse, speakers, operating system? Do they need to be included in budget, and do you want PC for any other specific tasks, besides gaming?

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

No I only want the pc for gaming and yes I already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse and the operating system will have to be included in the budget !

Cheers

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

3550 is not a lot for a gaming rig particularly when you need to include OS and KB/Mouse but I have put together a couple of lists for you to have a look at. I have used Scan and Ebuyer as I use both these stores regularly and know that they offer good customer service if things go wrong.

As you will see one is a little over budget and of course they both can be tweaked to suite your needs.

Click here.

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Thanks, but I didn't make my last post clear enough I need a os but not kb/mouse !

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Also could you update that list please as I need a case also to fit in with the budget please ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Try this. Click here.

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

That one has a slower processor, much slower graphics card, rubbish power supply (PSU). A cheap PSU can blow and take the rest of the components with it so I always advise getting a decent one. I am not sure why this PC comes with 16GB of RAM as the seller does not say whether the PC comes wit Windows 7 32BIT or 64BIt, if it is the 32BIt then the PC has 12GB to much ram. if it comes with the 64BIt version of Windows 7 half that ram is plenty for most PC's.

If you are not keen to build yourself that have a look here,another decent company, change the graphics card to a 6850 and you have a pretty nice PC.Click here.

If you decide on the Ebay one I would check on what version of Windows 7 you are getting.

Like this post
pc-gamer12

Likes # 0

Could someone please make me a list for £550 or less please it needs to,include everything except monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I thought that is what I had done or am I missing something here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites