We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Message "Windows is not Activated" must activate within 3 days

johnoo

Likes # 0

On start up I have just received this message, said to be from "Windows Genuine Advantage". I have a legal copy of Windows. It said I should re- install within 3 days. I did not accept this suggestion, scared me a bit! Any advise please, is it a legal message from Microsoft? PS I have had my machine for a few years & never had this essage before.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This will pop up for no apparent reason and I would not worry about it. I think you are mistaking reinstall for activating. Just follow these instructions. Activate windows 7

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

If in doubt, phone Microsoft. They have always proved to be very helpful on the few occasions I have sought help.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

This is IMHO another bit of nuisance from Microsoft but they have you over a barrel. My wife had the same report on Saturday, claiming major changes to the hardware configuration since the original activation which was absolute rubbish. However, I simply instructed the PC to re-activate and 2 minutes later we were back to normal. And now they expect us to cough up again for Windows 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Just to state I did the same the path being All Programs/Accessories/Systems Tools/Activate. Windows came alive no problems!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features