We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Easy to use photo programme

GrannyA

Likes # 0

I need an easy to use photo programme and would like advice please. Is there one which allows one to find a photo or photo file by using a keyword? Would be great help with thousands of photos! Thank you GrannyA

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I suggest Picasa

Picasa a Free Program from Google will organise and do what you want (and more) Learn about it Here (you do not have to use the Web Albums feature if you don't want to, you can use it just on your pc)

Also read, how to Search Picasa (Click on 'Search Box' link on that page)

There are also useful guides on YouTube if you do a search for them

Like this post
GrannyA

Likes # 0

Thank you Lotvic. I will have another go at Picasa - I did try it but it seemed to constantly make decisions for me in ways I didn't want. But I didn't know that there was anywhere I could get help with learning how to use it. Thanks GrannyA

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Adobe Photoshop is possibly the best. It's very easy to use, for the basics, and has useful things like facial recognition. It will also do a lot of "clever" editing stuff, if you want. The latest version is 10, but Photoshop Elements 8 is very good, and can be picked up, quite cheap, now, on ebay or Amazon.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you are looking for free software then Serif PhotPlus Starter can be obtained from here

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

GrannyA, If you decide to go for Adobe Photoshop Elements, this seems a good deal.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements 10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080CKJEC/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Paint.net is another well specified free photo program.

Download it here

Paint.net

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer