We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much is this computer worth?

Callum-CustomPC
Resolved

Likes # 0

It's 8 months old now, and it's a custom build.

AMD Phenom x6 6 core CPU @ 3.3Ghz (I can possibly OC this to 3.6GHz safely)
8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram @ 1600MHz
Biostar 890FXE Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate
Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
600W Corsair CX Series PSU
Corsair H70 Water Cooling system
48x Sony DVD RW
500GB Seagate HDD 7200RPM
Cooler master Elite 430 case with 3x Arctic Cooling 120mm fans

This system also has a fan speed adjuster in the 3.5" bay at the front of the computer.

Like this post
Callum-CustomPC

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

As a builder myself I can appreciate your question but I can tell you now that your components will not be worth as much as you would like. I belong to another forum which has a Marketplace section and after a certain amount of posts this becomes open and i buy and sell components there rather than Ebay because there is no fees etc. Generally the rules are the minimum you will need to discount is a third. Then you need to include postage which is normally recorded delivery. To give you some idea I am currently selling my Silverstone FT02R-W for £140 + courier this case cost me £204 + delivery last August.

I will come back with some prices, it's a little early or rather late.LOL.

Like this post
Callum-CustomPC

Likes # 0

Thank you for the response

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Mobo £45-50 providing you have all the boxed bits.

GPU £50-55

RAM £28

PSU £30-35

DVD £5

HDD £30-35

Cooler £35-40

CPU £80-90

Case £20-25

Win 7 £70-75

total £388-420inc of postage.

Hopefully if you are splitting your rig you kept all boxes,user manuals, cables etc. Obviously you may well do better than the above prices but unfortunately most items are old before you even by them. Of course you could probably sell it to mate for a little bit more but if you flog the parts on Ebay these days you will have to factor in the fees ,which are getting a bit steep particularly when you add PayPal's fees(also owned by Ebay.

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

On the subject of anything used, the price is what someone is willing to pay for it.

There is one problem you may not of thought of:

As it is custom built (by you?), there is no guarantee with the system and any future repairs (upgrades) will not be standard. i.e. The buyer cannot refer to a manual or manufacturer for advise.

Why do you want to sell the system after less than a year?, are you unhappy with it's performance?, or you want something better (or just the money?)

Terry

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

as Dell boy would say lovely jublee i tell u what i give you tenner for the whole lot

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

like fools and horse's sings No VAT No Guarantee

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer