We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Media Player display

jcks007

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm using my laptop to display images in a presentation on stage. They are video files, but I need to be able to discretely pause and then play them in case they get out of sync with the band. However all the media players I've come across show the little pause symbol "II" or the play symbol whenever I use the keyboard shortcuts. Does anyone know how to prevent these popping up or if there is a media player that will play videos without them popping up? I've tried WMP but the player commands keep popping up whenever I pause the videos so that isn't any good.

Thanks

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

I could be wrong but I don't think this is to do with the program you are using but the laptop its self showing the "ll" when mute is pressed. Some multimedia keyboard do the same when the driver/program are installed.

Try pressing the mute key without any media programs open if it still shows its the program that controls the keys on the laptop.

Like this post
Tim1964

Likes # 0

I use the KM player on my laptop. When the mouse/touchpad is double clicked the programme pauses/plays with nothing on the screen but the prog itself.

http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/

It's free and plays anything I've used on it.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

try the kmplayer ,seems ok ! thank you !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings