We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bought a laptop - need graphical help ;)

enigmatic319

Likes # 0

Hi all, this is my first post & I thought it apt to put it here. I did do a search before I posted; but everything was too - "detailed?"

I bought an Acer Aspire 7530G, & thought my luck was in: - dual core AMD 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, blu - ray player, 17.4 inch screen. Problem is, it comes with a crappy 256MB card.

Is this standard practise to fit this kind of laptop with such crappy graphics? I thought I had a gaming PC for £500 - I thought wrong!

So, I've want to upgrade the graphics card, but I'm met with scorn as everyone says I'm screwed & " you should've paid more attention before you parted with your money, laptop graphics are next to impossible to upgrade, sorry!..." etc etc.

I'd like to make "them" wrong. Any ideas where I start?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

I'm afraid the advice you have been given is correct.It can be done but is not easy even if you can find the correct hardware. Gaming laptops are a bit more expensive than £500 GeForce 9300M GS info here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Most budget laptops have everything built-in to the mobo, so upgrades are virtually impossible.

Like this post
enigmatic319

Likes # 0

Mmmm, looks like I am screwed! I'll just have to save for a desktop I guess..

Like this post
enigmatic319

Likes # 0

Well, looks like I am screwed!

I'll just have to save for a desktop..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features