We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Beginners' Tech Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Yahoo Mail and Windows Live

Ankermi

Likes # 0

Operating system windows 7. Laptop.

Is there an ability to link Yahoo Mail to Windows Live?

Husband endeavoured to do so last evening. He could receive mail in no problems but when he tries to send mail out he gets the log in box asking for user name and password which then gets rejected.

He can log in (with the same information) on Yahoo.

I suspect he probably needs the Yahoo Paid subscription but could someone confirm or otherwise please.

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Whoops sorry apparently I "posted incorrect information"!

Sentence - He could receive mail in no problems but when he tries to send mail out he gets the log in box asking for user name and password which then gets rejected

should read " He can send mail from Yahoo account within Windows Live Mail but CANNOT receive from Yahoo account. Keeps getting box.........."

Sorry for the incorrect data first time around.

Any thoughts please.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

From the horse's mouth link text

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

P.S. If 'The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via Windows Live Mail is only available to customers of our Yahoo! Mail Plus service.

' means a paid account, then looks like it can't be done.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

My ISP is BT and they use BTYahoo mail. Very unreliable when logging in. I access my mail using Windows Mail(Vista O/S) on my PC and Widows Live mail on my netbook (Win7 O/S)

Both from time to time bring up a login name and password window it is pot luck if it works I go off and do something else with luck my emails download when I return. It is a pain in the neck and posts I have put on the BT forum have not produced a sensible answer.

Make sure you are useing the correct settings see onthelimit1 link.

One point that has just occurred to me are you using AVG 2011 Free anti-virus.

I cannot send emails when the AVG scans the out going mail. Incoming scans OK and is received. If this is your problem remove the tick on the email scanner window in AVG to scan out going mail

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses