We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Repair to Acer Iconia B1 - A71

Jeffers59

Likes # 0

Recently purchased above tablet from Argos for xmas present. Used twice before I H ad to return to Acer Support for a repair. Would not charge. They returned item saying battery was faulty. Run down battery and tried to recharge but nothing. Returned again. This time had letter saying the charging port was severely damaged and would cost £117.01 to fix. Would not pay. I said that there was no way I could damage the connector as 1. they are protected by case of unit and 2. they are keyed so that the charger plugs in smoothly to ensure no damage. They said it was my fault, how can I proceed.

Jeff

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Never had any trouble taking anything back to Argos they are usually very good at changing faulty goods.

No idea as what you should do next but if you are not getting satisfaction from the shop maybe try the head office.

No doubt someone will be along that can give you the information that you need.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"I H ad to return to Acer Support for repair" Might be the clue?.

Did you try Argos in the first instant or did you go direct to Acer for help and advice?.

Like this post
Jeffers59

Likes # 0

The Argos receipt gave Acer Support as the contact in first instance. I have yet to approach Argos, which will be my next step. I am waiting for Acer to reply to my escalation to see what they have to say. this type of connector is on all smart phones, kindles and tablets which I also own. Never had an issue. I suspect there was an initial or inherent fault with the connector on the Acer tablet.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You should have gone to Argos first and registered the problem there, before going direct to Acer.

At this point, it might pay to have a search around the internet, to see if this particular model is having certain or similar problems, that you might be able to use as an example for complaint or resolution?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September