We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows XP

HondaMan

Likes # 0

An interesting article China. I will be changing to a Mac when this computer dies as I am no longer prepared to be held hostage by Microsoft. I intend to run XP, or possibly 7 on a Mac via Parallels. There will, no doubt be problems, and no doubt those who will say I am foolish to do this, but frankly, the decision is made!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I was doing one of my regular hospital visits the other week, and quite a number of monitor's were still showing the XP screensaver?.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Good luck but what is this post doing under "Tech Consumer Advice " ?

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

It's as good there as anywhere else. Where would you have put it?

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

im still running xp alongside linux mint

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

No offence, but I was not sure as to what advice you were suggesting !

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I think I must have had a slight case of "the hump" No offence taken, I was merely expressing my discontent with Microsoft and their upgrades and, I suppose, trying to get a feel for other members thoughts at my suggestion of running Windows on a Mac via parallels. Wherever I go, no Apple dealer can demonstrate thius actually working. They all say it does work, but nobody can PROVE it by showing it in operation.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

<< I will be changing to a Mac when this computer dies as I am no longer prepared to be held hostage by Microsoft. I intend to run XP, or possibly 7 on a Mac via Parallels >>

I'm a little confused if you don't want to be held hostage by MicroSoft then why running Windows at all.

<< trying to get a feel for other members thoughts at my suggestion of running Windows on a Mac via parallels. Wherever I go, no Apple dealer can demonstrate thius actually working. They all say it does work, but nobody can PROVE it by showing it in operation. >>

I prefer Boot Camp to Parallels which actually slows my Mac down but to be honest I haven't used Windows for some times now.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I have to admit since there W/8 fiasco it must leave it wide open for other big company's to step in and start the demolition of Microsoft which appears to be going downhill.

I think that maybe they are not aware that everyone does not want to buy there phones touchpads etc.

W/8 was all geared up so that they could sell more but some of us are just not interested in what they have to sell.

And what happens to the company's that make the new computers they have to sell them with W/8 on them whether they want to or not and their sales are falling because of it.

Maybe make 2 versions of W/9 when it comes out one for the normal computer user and one with ribbons and bells on it so that those that want to use that type of computer can.

You will get the comments that they have sold so many million copies of W/8 but unfortunately if that is all that they are willing to sell with new computers no wonder they are selling millions. Not because the buyers want it they have no choice unless they but a system without an operating system on it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'