We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help

sagir

Likes # 0

I have zanussi freeze I can buy 5 month ago its faulty I call engineers 6 time engineers comin and repair may freeze but sam problem I need change freeze I call zanussi custamr car no bade halp me I don't no wot I am duin I am not happy and I am confuse so poor service

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If the item is only 5 months old from new, then the retailer or shop you purchased it from should be involved, its their duty under consumer law to provide help, repair, replacement or refund. But it being a Zanussi freezer, I can only assume you have gone direct to Zanussi as part of their warranty.

Considering that you are not satisfied with the 'customer care' you are reaching, I suggest that you go back to the retailer or shop and explain the situation. If you are still not sure, then see if your local council have a trading Standards or Consumer Advice outlet. You could also try CAB or a Legal Advice establishment for free advice, again, depending if they are in your area and where you live?.

Like this post
sagir

Likes # 0

Thanks I go shop and I told him but he refuse and told me u can contact zanussi I can contact but no replay its undar werenty but no halp me

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

sagir: First question - Where did you buy the Fridge

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Yes that is what I have suggested, that the shop would tell you to go to Zanussi, but consumer law states that its the shop, retailer who is responsible, and that is why I have suggested that you try to contact your local council's Trading Standards or CAB for help. they will advice you, and help with the necessary actions required.

You trying to go it alone or deal with this problem, will lead to further confusion for you, especially if you have a freezer that is not working to your satisfaction, considering the recent hot weather we are having.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

spuds - Was the freezer bought in UK?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Did you pay by credit card ? If so, discuss the problem with the card supplier as you may be able to obtain a refund but follow spud#s advice first.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

As Woowell and I have asked.

Under which jurisdiction was the Zanussi bought?

As this is an UK Site, our immediate reaction is to suggest solutions that are relevant to the UK. However "sagir's" command of English suggests that this may not necessarily be a correct assumption.

As far as I know, within the EEC and during the first six months of ownership, the responsibility for dealing with any faults rests with the Seller and is considered to be a fault present at point of purchase, unless accidental damage is the cause.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Woolwell - I wasn't going on the written text, more the introduction regarding the similar circumstances to the Zanussi engineer's visits, that would be expected here in the UK?.

If 'sagir' provides details of the retailer, then any further information or help would perhaps be based on that?.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you live in UK, CAB The Citizens Advice consumer service click here provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues.

from click here quote/ "You can look on www.adviceguide.org.uk or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06.

In cases of reported criminal behaviour, for example, scams, unsafe goods and rogue traders, the Citizens Advice consumer service will refer your details to the relevant local authority trading standards service who will decide on what to do next.

Trading standards is a local authority regulatory service. Online guidance may be available through your local trading standards service's website for both consumers and business. Use the post code search to find your local office. If you use the advertised telephone number you may find you are correctly put through to the Citizens Advice consumer service" / end of quote

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...