We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for suggestions on low-range gaming laptop

Cotun222

Likes # 0

Hi everybody

I purchased a Samsung 355V5C laptop a few months ago and have been very pleased with it's gaming performance. I purchased it for about £560 ($879, 659 EUR). The specifications of the laptop I brought at that time can be found here:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-NP355V5C-SuperMulti-Gra...

The laptop uses crossfire to merge the integrated AMD 7660G graphics adapter with the dedicated AMD 7670M for increased graphics performance. I've been looking around to buy a similiarly capable laptop at a similiar price, but I'm having trouble finding one at this performance level for the same price. The laptop would be used for general use with some gaming on things like Skyrim, World of Warcraft etc. The current laptop I have runs Skyrim at medium detail quite comfortably and can stretch to high if needed although I prefer the smoother frame rate on medium.

My budget is about £600 ($941, 800 EUR). I could stretch another £100 but I'd like to keep it as low as possible. I was wondering if anybody here had any suggestions on what laptop might be a good buy at this kind of budget?

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015