We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which Tablet should I buy? Need some advice please!!!!

lyndaokane33

Likes # 0

I'm a total novice to tablet's so I am in need of some advice...

I will be using it for generally surfing the net, my son (3 years old) will be using it for watching movies when we're on holidays/ on long journey's/ to keep him quiet for an hour or two and also for him to play games on. So I suppose a decent capacity for storing downloaded movies will be important? And something a child can download & play games on. I don't want to spend more than £200 if possible.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, I know it's way of your budget at £249 but it's memory expandable unlike it's more expensive rival, easy to use and as it uses the android operating system shed loads of apps for your delectation. I also paid a for a case of amazon as these are after all delicate items, my grandson uses his dads ipad with ease and he was only three when he picked it up, children are brighter than we take them for. One thing to note make sure you don't give the password to your son as extra lives can cost you ££££ before you know it your up a huge bill best not give your card details to buy apps to google that way your safe from "didn't know the extras cost" syndrome.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you are looking for a maximum spend of £200 you will not get a good branded 10" tablet, however this 10" tablet from Amazon has a good spec, good reviews and is expandable to 32Gb. Might be worth a punt but as mole1944 says, get a case for it, saves a lot of heartache when it slips out of a small person's hands. Make sure that the case protects the corners as that is the most vulnerable spot.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

A 7" tablet is much more portable. I'd go for the Nexus 7. 16 GB non expandable but more than enough for games and browsing.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus716gb&feature=device-featured

Be aware you can't connect it to a TV without wireless connection. No HDMI port.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Link didn't work so I'll try again, Link to N7

Another one to compare is, Ainol, with two cameras but no GPS feature. Having said that the Nexus GPS feature is poor without Wi-Fi. Ainol also able to expand internal memory. Company removes the Chinese features and install the latest Android software. Worth a look.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......