We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UKo2 Dial up services including webmail (UKo2.co.uk)

phildavey1

Likes # 0

I have used this service for 10 years and recently added my e-mail account to Windows Live Mail. Now I can no longer log on to my account at Uko2 as the website appears to have disappeared. Their technical help support line is also out of service. Does anybody know what has happened ?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

click here

I don't use o2, but was able to open their site!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Possibly something to do with Sky buying out O2?

Like this post
lsj00

Likes # 1

Hi, I was also using them for a number of years. They have definitely shut down their services. I suggest that you change your uko2 addresses. It caused me a lot of problems. They gave no prior warning Take no notice of people who do not know the difference between uko2 and02. Hope this answers your question.

Like this post
joon

Likes # 0

I am experiencing the same problem and get this message

The host 'pop3.uko2.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.uko2.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.uko2.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

How can I change my uk02 address - I don't follow this suggestion Thanks

Like this post
robo99

Likes # 0

Looks as if they shutdown overnight. I used them almost every for over 10 years. Never heard or seen a reason for this, would be nice to know what happened to all my data. This should be covered by data protection somehow I would have thought. AL

Like this post
robo99

Likes # 0

Sorry, should have read 'almost every day".
uko2.co.uk has nothing to do with O2 the mobile provider.

Like this post
lsj00

Likes # 0

Hi, what I was suggesting is that any site or service that you are using a uko2.co.uk webmail address as your login and/or contact identity you need to change to an alternative email address. The only problem you may encounter is if any site/service wants to send an authentication link back to your uko2.co.uk address which as I have said, no longer exist. In that case you will have to reregister with your new email address. Hope this helps.

Like this post
lissy-2101

Likes # 0

Hi, Yes uko2 disappeared for me too. Including loads of people's addresses and reference stuff. What are the chances of getting our old messages back do you think? They must be in the ether somewhere surely?

Like this post
lsj00

Likes # 0

Hi, yes all of your personal data will still be residing on their severs which appear to have shut down. Maybe they have all been wiped clean! Who knows?

Like this post
lissy-2101

Likes # 0

Seems uko2 were registered as Net Margins Ltd in Wilmslow in 2003. Anybody know anything about them? A room in a basement maybe?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......