We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which PC is better out of the two i have posted here?

punchline

Likes # 0

I have two PC's that i might buy, which do you think is best for Gaming and using two screens?

Inspiron 660 Inspiron 660 MT Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3330 (3.0GHz, 6MB) Windows® 8 2 TB 3.5inch SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) 8 GB DDR3 Dual Channel 1600MHz Memory (2x4GB) Graphics: 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 Back Up Media Not Included Display: Not Included Windows® 8 64bit (Englilsh) 16X DVD +/- RW Drive Wireless : Dell Wireless 1506 Card Dell USB Keyboard

or

Manufacturer Alienware Model Aurora-R2 Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating system Number of processor cores 4

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 452 GB Disk partition (C:) 51 GB Free (452 GB Total) Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5670 Total available graphics memory 2811 MB Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1787 MB Display adapter driver version 8.762.0.0 Secondary monitor resolution 1280x1024 Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050 DirectX version DirectX 10

Please note that i dont care about how they look, just the power that each one has, thanks!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Gaming is mostly about graphics capability and frankly neither of those machines have special graphics cards. Out of the two the HD5670 outperforms the GT 620 Click here for a comparison.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

If you want to run two screens with any kind of reasonable fps , I would recommend a GTX 660 Ti or higher . What is your budget ? does it need to include externals like screens , speakers etc ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...