We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hardware for new business - Desktop & Tablet & Phone combo

ov123

Likes # 0

I'm starting a new business , nothing technically clever, but I'll be running around a lot.

I'm looking to purchase a Desktop, Tablet and then Phone will which all operate well together - perhaps on windows 8.

Can anyone suggest is any of the manufactures have a recent series of products which would just keep life easy?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I can't offer any suggestion to help your business - but I strongly advise you to open your Profile and change your Forum Name, putting your email address on an open forum will leave your PC open to masses of Spam mail and/or worse!

Treat this warning as URGENT!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest you start with the tablet and phone. To work well together then they should have the same OS (Android, iOS or W8). For me the choice is between Apple iOS or Android as most Windows tablets run W8 RT. The Apple devices sync well through iCloud and the Android devices through Google. You then have to consider how you are going to run your emails, contacts and calendar on the desktop. Are you going to be using Outlook (the program) or some other client or just use webmail? Syncing Outlook with Google can create difficulties.

On the subject of email I strongly suggest that you use imap rather than pop as then you will have good sync across all devices.

Have a look at the Samsung or Apple range of tablets and phones.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If Win 8 is your choice then have a look at these,

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/thinkpad/thinkpad-tablet-2/?&cid=uk|semd|se|google|lenovoukdirect|z203C7|s

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=21471&setcurrency=gbp&gclid=CIGQ2eGyrbcCFdHMtAodHXgA7w

Most PCs come with Win 8 now. Search for cheaper offers or, with the phone, a 24 month contract, possibly.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

First link again, Lenovo Win 8 32-bit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...