We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Jean Patrique Cookware Spam

ened

Likes # 0

The above firm has somehow obtained my (very) personal email address and I am receiving an average of two emails a day from them.

I mark the mail as Junk but somehow they keep getting through - I assume they are sending them from different addresses every time.

About a month ago I called them and was assured that it would stop: It Didn't! I did ask how they got my address and she, rather snottily, stated that I must have bought something from them. Unless this was through a concession at Amazon that I have forgotten about I have never given them my business and, if they did but realise it, this behaviour makes me less inclined to do so.

This is more of an irritant than a serious problem but I would like to make it stop if there is a way?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

They do have some excellent offers, on good quality Knives in particular. I bought a set of 5 kitchen knives for a silly price about a year ago, about £3.99 + P&P total about £14, and they are really excellent.

So even though you don't want their emails its worth looking at some of their offers.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

They are most likely on a mail order association members list. Check it out and report the spamming to that association or Ofcom.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have just done a quick internet search. Just put your introduction title 'Jean Patrique Cookware Spam' into a Google search, and you might find the answer you are looking for. A number of similar complaints on the same subject?.

Like this post
ened

Likes # 0

Thanks spuds. I hadn't thought of that and kind of thought I might be alone with this issue. The Facebook link is extremely enlightening.

Like this post
DASimms

Likes # 0

I'm starting to be plagued by spam e-mails from Jean Patrique, 2 a day at the moment but I'm also receiving 3 to 5 a day from Wowcher and they started with just 2 initially.

They're all from the same marketing company 'UK Offer Source' and have American addresses below the "we hope you enjoyed receiving this" slogan at the end of each one.

My ISP is able to filter most spam e-mails but the senders of these keep changing their e-mail address. Also the content is made up of graphics thereby bypassing conventional HTML based spam filtering.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......