We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dialaphone wont fix my still under warranty phone!

fridgeno1

Likes # 0

Hi I purchased a HTC One X from Dialaphone in August, last year, 2012. The phone initially sent me was faulty, so, I sent it back, and a replacement was re-sent to me. This replacement phone worked just fine until last week when it went all funny (the backlight wouldnt turn on, the phone reset itself and the screen flickered whilst in use)! The phone is now completely unusable... so I sent it off to Dialaphone (as the phone is still under warranty), hoping for a swift repair job. However, a few days after sending the phone, Dialaphone called me up to say that they are refusing to fix it, as the handset has already been opened and that I should send it to HTC to get a second opinion. Now there's two reasons as to why I wouldn't open the phone myself: 1, the phone is under warranty (so any repairs undertaken would cost me money), and 2,I know, that if you open any electrical product you invalidate the warranty (something i wouldn't do as I need it to be valid). I cant get through to HTC either via e-mail or phone and am now left in limbo as to what to do. Can anyone help? Thanks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Your contract was with Dialaphone - HTC has no liability, other than under the terms of its manufacturing warranty. That covers faults in manufacture, but you didn't buy the phone from HTC.

With regard to the phone being opened - of course it has been opened, how would you get your network SIM card into it otherwise? I don't understand what Dialaphone is saying.

Like this post
fridgeno1

Likes # 0

It uses a micro sim card which goes in a slot at the top - so no need to open the phone, something I wasnt even aware you could do, as the phone is marketed as a uni body phone! From what I've seen on, 'Youtube' you can pop the phone apart, so if this is the case how can they tell if the phone has been opened (because even if it had been opened, prior to them receiving it, when they opened it, any security markers would have been undone the, surely)!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I suspect that the replacement phone was not brand new but refurbished hence "opened". Dialaphone should know this and it is up to them to repair or arrange repair/replacement.

Like this post
TV-Repairman

Likes # 0

Like this post
TV-Repairman

Likes # 0

Bear in mind that, after 6 months, under English law, the onus is on YOu to prove that the item was inherently faulty when supplied. In your case, evidence that it was "refurbished" or "pre-used" would be good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...