We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Aaaaaaargh which monitor to get?

ennogs

Likes # 0

I have been reading a lot of monitor reviews but always get put off after reading the pros and cons summary. There is always something in the cons that puts me off. I thought it would be better getting a recommendation from somebody on here.

I am after a 28 - 30" monitor. It will be used for watching movies, gaming and web browsing. I am looking to pay up to £750 ($1,150).

Anybody have a recommendation for me?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I bought a Hanns.G monitor about a year ago, and it has not given me any trouble, On a Digital cable I get 1024 * 1024, which is fine for me, I do not play HDMI TV or Games, however the specs are well within range for it.

That was my choice after checking what was available, however others may have a better option. Terry

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

For that sort of Budget I would be looking to buy a 27" Dell U2713H or a Viewsonic VP2770. Both have 2560 x 1440 resolution

Whatever you choose try and get one with 120Hz, rather than 60Hz, capability. I find on both of my monitors that makes a big difference

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Around £910 will buy you a Dell U3014 from Amazon, otherwise you are looking at a 27" monitor, if you want to stay within your budget.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...