We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell inspiron 15R laptop colour option

User-FDC07564-0E01-E1AB-7E32249B1CE544CF

Likes # 0

I am not used to these type of things so am not sure if i am on the correct forum. AS a family we wanted our first lap top so we purchased P C Advisor. Read reviews umed and ahhed. Finally decided on A dell Inspiron as reviewed in the may issue, in the lovely blue on the cover of pc magazine. When i tried to purchase this from Dell was told sorry we dont do colours. When i challenged this n said your website says you do. they then said sorry not available. The hve been singularly unhelpful an unable to say when or if they will ever be available again. This may seem like a daft grouch. But the blue is lovely and after seeing it dont really fancy the silver. after dells unhelpfulness feel like buying another make altogether. But have no idea laptop would match up to thhis we were going to get the dell inspiron 15R with i 5 processor and 8gb of ram and 1tb of hard drive.can anyone advise an old lady?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like it may have been a special edition and they no longer do them in Blue.

If so they should have told you that instead of saying we don't do Blue.

I suppose it is what is inside that counts.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You are on the right forum .... but a bit more info might help, especially to answer What is your Budget?

Also, please click on your MY PROFILE at top left of this page and change your Forum Name to something shorter - all those numbers don't mean a thing and upset the general format of the page.

Good luck and Welcome to the forum!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ooops, sorry your MY PROFILE is nearer the center of the page!

Like this post
toffee1988

Likes # 0

not sure if you are being funny. but i have no idea how to change my forum name this is the one i was given if you explain how to change it to some thing shorter i will. lap top budget 500ish. thanks

Like this post
toffee1988

Likes # 0

Hey am not quite as daft as i thought. managed to change forum name. Yes you are right it is whats inside that counts.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Click here ...

1: http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/?s=1 Have a look at these from Novatech, if you see any you like, click on More Details and then choose your Operating System from the drop-down menu underneath where it says Price. Win7 is best IMHO. Novatech guarantee no Bloatware, and excellent after-sales service.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Dunno how that happened, but DO NOT click on the red 'Click here', click on the Novatech URL!

Unfortunately these forums do not include the ability to edit Posts.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Your spec is quite high for £500,on the Novatech site if you chose the 15" £429 laptop add the windows 7 at £91 its just over £500 but its only 4gb ram,and a 500gb drive,to meet your specs add another 4gb ram £21,upgrade the hard drive to 1tb £21,Total approx £550

I personally think this is an all round better value laptop,only 6gb ram,750gb drive,i3 processor not i5 but its a 17" screen

http://www.ebuyer.com/398427-samsung-350e7c-laptop-np350e7c-a05uk

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Or even this one which fits your spec exactly for £463

http://www.ebuyer.com/466086-hp-pavilion-g6-2382sa-laptop-d0y14ea-abu

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...